August 11, 2020 General Election

August 11, 2020

As more information becomes available this page will be updated. (Rev. 7/02/2020)

Town of Tilden, Chippewa County, WI – Because of the COVID-19, voters in Tilden are strongly urged to act now to vote absentee for the August 11th General Election.

Polls will be open in Tilden for those who need them on Election Day, but voters could vote absentee for this election, but for that to happen, you need to request an absentee ballot as soon as possible.

Acting by Wednesday, July 22, is especially important for anyone who needs to register to vote by mail. If your name or address has changed since the last election, you need to register with your current information.  You can check your registration status at, click on “My Voter Info.”

If you know you are registered but cannot find yourself on the website, you should contact the Chippewa County Clerk or Wisconsin Elections Commission. There is possibly a typo in the spelling of your name or your date of birth.  Voters who cannot find themselves on MyVote should call the Chippewa County Clerk's office at (715) 726‑7980 or call the Wisconsin Elections Commission at 866-VOTE-WIS (866-868-3947) or 608-261-8005.

How to Register to Vote

Wednesday, July 22 is the deadline for electors to register to vote by mail or online for the General Election. After this date, electors must register in person in the municipal clerk's office or at the polling place on Election Day.

According to state law, mailed voter registration forms must be postmarked no later than the third Wednesday before the election. Online registration closes at 11:59 p.m. the same day.

Online voter registration is available at There are two ways you can register using the website:

  • People with a Wisconsin driver license or state ID card whose address is current with the Wisconsin Department of Transportation can complete their online registration immediately. People who need to update their address with DOT can accomplish that online and complete their online registration.
  • People without a Wisconsin driver license or state ID card can fill out the voter registration form online, then print it, sign it and mail it to their municipal clerk’s office along with a proof-of residence document. The website has detailed instructions. If you do not have a printer where you are, you can save the completed form as a PDF and make arrangements to have a family member or a friend with a printer, or a copy center, to print it for you.

Voter registration forms that can be printed and filled out by hand are also available here in English:

Voter registration forms that can be printed and filled out by hand are also available here in Spanish:

Blank voter registration forms are also available at the Town of Tilden clerk’s office, 10790 100th Ave., Chippewa Falls, WI during these hours: Monday or Wednesday 9 a.m. till 12 noon or by appointment, call to arrange.

Remember, the deadline to register online or by mail is Wednesday, July 22.

Voters who miss the deadline may also register in their municipal clerk’s office until the Friday before the election, August 7 or at the polls on election day.

Voting By Absentee Ballot

Any qualified elector who is unable or unwilling to appear at the polling place on Election Day may request to vote an absentee ballot.  A qualified elector is any U.S. citizen, who will be 18 years of age or older on Election Day, who has resided in the ward or municipality where he or she wishes to vote for at least 28 consecutive days before the election.  The elector must also be registered in order to receive an absentee ballot.  Proof of identification must be provided before an absentee ballot may be issued.

All absentee ballots must be returned to the municipal clerk’s office by 8 p.m. on Election Day

You must make a request for an absentee ballot in writing.

Contact your municipal clerk and request that an application for an absentee ballot be sent to you for the primary or election or both.  You may also submit a written request in the form of a letter.  Your written request must list your voting address within the municipality where you wish to vote, the address where the absentee ballot should be sent, if different, and your signature.  You may make application for an absentee ballot by mail, email or in person.


Making application to receive an absentee ballot by mail

The deadline for making application or to receive an absentee ballot by mail is:

5 p.m. on the fifth day before the election, August 6, 2020.

Note: Special absentee voting application provisions apply to electors who are indefinitely confined to home or a care facility, in the military, hospitalized, or serving as a sequestered juror.  If this applies to you, contact the municipal clerk regarding deadlines for requesting and submitting an absentee ballot.


Voting an absentee ballot in person

You may also request and vote an absentee ballot in the clerk's office or other specified location during the days and hours specified for casting an absentee ballot in person.  July 28, 2020 is the first day to vote absentee in person for the August 11, 2020 Election.

Contact Tilden Town Clerk As Follows:

Town of Tilden Clerk

Steve Plendl

12193 120th Ave., Chippewa Falls, WI 54729

Phone: (715) 529-7438

In person absentee voting Monday and Thursday from 9 a.m. till 12 noon at 10790 100th Ave. or by appointment.

Call the Town Clerk at (715) 529-7438.

Clerk will have absentee ballots in the clerk’s office when they are available from the Chippewa County Clerk; unless previously noted.


The first day to vote an absentee ballot in the clerk’s office is:

July 28, 2020 for the August 11, 2020 General Election Ballot.

The last day to vote an absentee ballot in-person at the clerk’s office:

August 7, 2020 @ 5:00 p.m. - call for an appointment if needed.

No in-person absentee voting may occur on the day before the election.


The municipal clerk will deliver voted ballots returned on or before Election Day to the proper polling place or counting location before the polls close on election day.  Any ballots received after the polls close will not be counted.

All absentee ballots must be returned to the municipal clerk’s office by 8 p.m. on Election Day

Election Forms

The links below will take you to the Wisconsin Election Commission's website.  Scroll down the list of forms until you find the number of the form you want.  EL-121 is the Absentee Ballot Application form and EL-131 is the Voter Registration Application form.

Application for Absentee Ballot:

Voter Registration Application: