Welcome to the Town of Tilden
Town Office and Town Hall, Fire Station, Town Shop and Recycling Center are located at 10790 100th Ave. Chippewa Falls, WI 54729
Mailing Address: Town of Tilden, 12193 120th Ave. Chippewa Falls, WI 54729
Clerk Office Hours are 9 a.m. until noon on Monday and Thursday. Call 715-529-7438 if these days don't work for you.
Clerk Phone Contact: Office (Town Hall) 715-288-6453 or Cell 715-529-7438
Email: [email protected]
Town of Tilden
Retail Alcohol License Applications
Notice is hereby given that the following applications have been received by the Clerk of the Town of Tilden, Chippewa County, for alcohol retail licenses for the July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020 license year.
Renewal application for “Class B” license for Baier’s Bar, 11359 County Hwy. Q , Chippewa Falls, WI. 54729. Submitted by: Baier’s Bar Inc., Jerrod Hilger, agent, 11164 County Hwy. C, Bloomer, WI 54724.
Renewal application for “Class B” license for Bresina’s Old Town Bar & Grill, 12037 County Hwy. B, Chippewa Falls, WI. 54729. Submitted by: Bresina’s Old Town Bar & Grill, LLC, Megan S. Bresina, agent, W2481 Taylor Creek Rd., Eau Claire, WI 54701.
Renewal application for “Class B” license for Dougies Bar & Grill, 12038 County Hwy. F, Bloomer, WI. 54724. Submitted by: D Bresina, LLC, Douglas Bresina, agent, 12037 County HWY. B, Chippewa Falls, WI 54729.
Renewal application for “Class B” license for Q and B Bar and Grill, 10764 County Hwy. Q, Chippewa Falls, WI. 54729. Submitted by: Horizons, LLC, Cindy Nayes, agent, 11365 105th Ave., Chippewa Falls, WI 54729.
Renewal application for “Class B” license for Schemboda’s Shady Pine Bar & Grill, 12942 100th Avenue, Chippewa Falls, WI 54729. Submitted by Schemboda Properties, LLC, Randall Swoboda, agent, 27738 117th Ave., New Auburn, WI 54757.
The Town Board of the Town of Tilden will consider and receive public input, comment, or concerns regarding issuance of the above referenced licenses at its regularly scheduled meeting on Wednesday, June 12, 2019 at 7:30 p.m. at the Tilden Town Hall, 10790 100th Ave., Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin.
Steven Plendl, Clerk 715-529-7438
Published in Chippewa Herald: May 28, 2019, May 29, 2019, & May 30, 2019
TILDEN TOWN BOARD MEETING
Wednesday June 12, 2019 @ 7:30 p.m.
Tilden Town Hall, 10790 100th Avenue, Chippewa Falls, WI 54729
Clerk Steven Plendl 715-529-7438
Board of Review Notice
STATE OF WISCONSIN
Town of Tilden
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Review for the Town of Tilden, Chippewa County, Wisconsin, shall hold its first meeting on May 23, 2019, from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., at Tilden Town Hall 10790 100th Ave., Chippewa Falls, WI 54729.
Please be advised of the following requirements to appear before the board of review and procedural requirements if appearing before the board:
- After the first meeting of the board of review and before the board's final adjournment, no person who is scheduled to appear before the board of review may contact or provide information to a member of the board about the person's objection, except at a session of the board. Open book shall occur no less than 7 days prior to the board of review.
- The board of review may not hear an objection to the amount or valuation of property unless, at least 48 hours before the board's first scheduled meeting, the objector provides to the board's clerk written or oral notice of an intent to file an objection, except that upon a showing of good cause and the submission of a written objection, the board shall waive that requirement during the first 2 hours of the board's first scheduled meeting, and the board may waive that requirement up to the end of the 5th day of the session or up to the end of the final day of the session if the session is less than 5 days with proof of extraordinary circumstances for failure to meet the 48-hour notice requirement and failure to appear before the board of review during the first 2 hours of the first scheduled meeting.
- Objections to the amount or valuation of property shall first be made in writing and filed with the clerk of the board of review within the first 2 hours of the board's first scheduled meeting, except that, upon evidence of extraordinary circumstances, the board may waive that requirement up to the end of the 5th day of the session or up to the end of the final day of the session if the session is less than 5 days. The board may require objections to the amount or valuation of property to be submitted on forms approved by the Department of Revenue, and the board shall require that any forms include stated valuations of the property in question. Persons who own land and improvements to that land may object to the aggregate valuation of that land and improvements to that land, but no person who owns land and improvements to that land may object only to the valuation of that land or only to the valuation of improvements to that land. No person may be allowed in any action or proceedings to question the amount or valuation of property unless the written objection has been filed and that person in good faith presented evidence to the board in support of the objections and made full disclosure before the board, under oath, of all of that person's property liable to assessment in the district and the value of that property. The requirement that objections be in writing may be waived by express action of the board.
- When appearing before the board of review, the objecting person shall specify in writing the person's estimate of the value of the land and of the improvements that are the subject of the person's objection and specify the information that the person used to arrive at that estimate.
- No person may appear before the board of review, testify to the board by telephone, or object to a valuation if that valuation was made by the assessor or the objector using the income method of valuation, unless the person supplies the assessor with all the information about income and expenses, as specified in the assessor's manual under s. 73.03 (2a), Wis. stats., that the assessor requests. The Town of Tilden has an ordinance for the confidentiality of information about income and expenses that is provided to the assessor under this paragraph that provides exceptions for persons using information in the discharge of duties imposed by law or the duties of their officer or by order of a court. The information that is provided under this paragraph, unless a court determined that it is inaccurate, is not subject to the right of inspection and copying under s. 19.35 (1), Wis. Stats.
- The board shall hear upon oath, by telephone, all ill or disabled persons who present to the board a letter from a physician, surgeon, or osteopath that confirms their illness or disability. No other persons may testify by telephone unless the Board, in its discretion, has determined to grant a property owner’s or their representative’s request to testify under oath by telephone or written statement.
- No person may appear before the board of review, testify to the board by telephone, or contest the amount of any assessment unless, at least 48 hours before the first meeting of the board, or at least 48 hours before the objection is heard if the objection is allowed under s.70.47 (3) (a), Wis. stats., that person provides to the clerk of the board of review notice as to whether the person will ask for the removal of a member of the board of review and, if so, which member, and provides a reasonable estimate of the length of time the hearing will take.
Notice is hereby given this 2nd day of May, 2019.
Steve Plendl - Town of Tilden Clerk
The Town of Tilden, named after Samuel J. Tilden, who was a democratic candidate for the President of the United States of America in 1876. Mr. Tilden actual won the popular vote for the presidency but lost the election by one electoral vote. (For more of the history please click on link to the History page.)
The Town of Tilden is approximately 36 square miles of hills and valleys located in Chippewa County adjacent to the northwest corner of the City of Chippewa Falls. The 2018 population of Tilden is 1519. US Highway 53 runs through Tilden with two exits into the town on County Highways S & B. County Highways F and Q run north and south through Tilden, while County Highways N, S, B and C run east and west. There is still 43 miles of roads the Town of Tilden is responsible for.
“Tilden is Tradition and Tradition is Agriculture” sums up the rural character and personality of the Town. The rural landscape is hills and valleys with woods and farms. Dairy, beef, hogs, sheep, horses and cropping make up the agriculture. Traffic slows to accommodate farm machinery on the roads.
Hay Creek and Duncan Creek empty into the manmade Tilden Mill Pond which flows to the City of Chippewa Falls. Residential development has been along these water ways. Establishments in Tilden offer camping, five bars that also sell food, a gun range, archery ranges, a baseball diamond, outdoor volleyball courts, a banquet hall, a Lion’s Club, 4-H clubs and St. Peter’s Catholic Church and grade school.
The Chippewa Falls Post Office (54729) provides most of the residents with service, while the rest are served by Bloomer (54724). Phone service for most of the residents is provided by the Eagle Point (288) exchange, while Chippewa Falls (723 or 720) provides the south eastern portion with service.
The Tilden Volunteer Fire Department provides First Responder emergency services and fire protection.
The Town Office & Hall, Fire Station, Town Shop and Recycling Center are located at 10790 100th Avenue, Chippewa Falls, WI 54729.
Mailing address is: Town of Tilden, 12193 120th Ave. Chippewa Falls, WI 54729
Office hours for the clerk are Monday and Thursday from 9 AM until noon
Call 715-529-7438 to contact Steve Plendl - Town of Tlden Clerk